The theme of the SAR C2C 2019 conference will be Wilderness SAR and Disaster Response. Urban and rural areas threatened by natural and man-made disasters can become wilderness-like areas that will require the response from air, land and sea search and rescue resources. Interoperability between all levels of Search and Rescue organizations, can save lives immediately and assist in response and recovery in times of disaster.
The conference will encompass three tracks in Search and Rescue. Basic Search and Rescue Skills, Search and Rescue Leadership, and Search and Rescue Management. Speakers from Air, Land and Marine agencies will present lessons learned from Search and Rescue missions in disaster response and ongoing operational strategy and tactics.
Tentative presentations and sessions may include but are not limited to:
- Disaster Assistance Response Team Training (DART)
- Leadership, Risk Management, and Resilience during disaster response
- Iceland SAR and response to disasters
- UAV (Unmanned Aerial Vehicle) use in Search and Rescue
- Lockerbie Pan Am Flight 103 and SAR Response
- SAR Whitewater Aquatic Rescue and disaster response
- Disaster First Aid for SAR Responders
- Urban Search and Rescue Management
- Operational Risk Management in SAR Missions
- Forensic Bone Identification
- Search and Rescue Helicopter Response (Class D Fixed Line)
- Mountain Rescue Response to Disaster Missions
- Planning “P” Transition from Initial Response to Extended Operations
- Cold Water and Hypothermia
- Wilderness SAR And Disaster Response
- CSA Standards, Accreditation and Credentialing for Search and Rescue
- Law Enforcement Investigations and Case Studies (Restricted to Law Enforcement Officers Only)
- First Nations and Indigenous People Disaster Response
Your participation is key to the success of this event and to the strengthening of Search and Rescue community, including its responders and organizations. We invite you to this exciting and dynamic event involving multiple agencies from multiple jurisdictions across Canada and Internationally.